I am a postdoctoral fellow at the Computer Science Department of the Technion — Israel Institute of Technology, where I also conducted my PhD research under the supervision of Prof. Alfred Bruckstein and Prof. Michael Elad. I earned my BSc in Computer Engineering and an MSc in Electrical Engineering, both also from the Technion. I received the 2017 Jacobs fellowship for excellence.
In my research work I address problems and questions related to the following three main lines:
- Contemporary challenges in visual data compression: Extending the classical problem settings of image and video compression to wider perspectives such as:
- End-to-end optimization of compression-based acquisition and display systems.
- Optimized compression for distributed settings in storage systems and multimedia distribution networks.
- Perceptually-oriented compression.
- The interplay among fundamental data processing tasks such as compression, restoration, representation and learning: Establishing conceptual and practical ideas bridging research topics that are usually treated separately. The goal is to improve the performance and features of the individual tasks, as well as collaboratively address hybrid problem settings.
- Modular optimization-based methods for complex problems in the imaging and data sciences: Proposing conceptually-simple optimization algorithms for current data-related problems of intricate structures. Using state-of-the-art optimization techniques, the suggested solutions are of iterative forms relying on applications of existing well-engineered techniques such as compression or denoising methods.
General Research Interests:
- Signal Processing
- Image and Video Processing
- Image, Video and Data Compression
- Information Theory
- Machine and Deep Learning
- Sparse Representations
For more details on my research, see the publications page.
- “Signal and Image Processing” (236327), CS Department, Technion.
- TA in charge for 6 semesters (Winter 2014/15, Spring 2015, Winter 2015/16, Spring 2016, Spring 2017, Spring 2018).
- “Statistical Data Processing” (236200), CS Department, Technion.
- TA in charge, Winter 2017/18.
- “Signal, Image and Data Processing” (236200), CS Department, Technion.
- TA in charge, Winter 2018/19 and Spring 2019.